Ever wish you could save that clip of the Dramatic Chipmunk to your computer so you could watch it over and over and over again? Well, here’s how…
1. Find your favorite YouTube Video, and copy the URL from your address bar (i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw)
2. Go to KeepVid.com and paste the URL into the box on the screen. Click Download.
3. Click on the “Download Link” text that appears. Save the video to your computer with any title, but make sure the extension is .flv or it won’t work.
4. While the video is downloading, download the RIVA Free FLV encoder (PC Only, I haven’t found a good FLV encoder for Mac…iSquint is alright)
5. When you have installed RIVA, and the video has finished downloading, open up RIVA.
6. Locate the .flv file as your input, and then change the file extension in the output section from .flv to .mpg so you can play it in quicktime and windows media player.
7. Click encode, and sit patiently.
That’s all there is to it.