Here’s a sampling of what’s been burning up my iPod lately (and by iPod, I mean video iPod, not the uber-cool iPod touch or new Nano)…
- Caedmon’s Call – Overdressed: I don’t know if I’m in love with it, but it’s good to hear one of my favorite bands return to form. It’s a quality record, and if you are a CC fan, then you should pick it up immediately.
- Tim Hughes – When Silence Falls: I know I should’ve gotten this CD in ’04 when it came out, but I love it. “Consuming Fire” and “Giver of Life” are in the top 10 Worship Songs for me.
- Robbie Seay Band – Give Yourself Away: Relevant Magazine was giving the CD away for free, so it gets extra points. I’ve listened to it a few times, and favorite song so far has to be “Go Outside.” I didn’t think I liked the song that much, but I’ve caught myself humming it on multiple occasions.
- Ryan Adams – Easy Tiger: Life is always better with new Ryan Adams, and since he puts out 26 records a year, life always has a good chance of getting better quickly. More Gold than Rock and Roll, Ryan continues to be amazing.
- Mute Math – Mute Math: I’ve been all about them since their first CD came out, but this full length disc is awesome. I will listen to another CD for a bit, then Mute Math, then another CD, then Mute Math. Mute Math is like fiber…it’s always necessary, but even more so when you haven’t had it for a while.
That list doesn’t include Leeland, or John Mayer, or Hillsong, or Justin Timberlake, or Coldplay which are all regular members of my auditory diet. But try some of them on for size, and see how they fit.